Monday, 17 Aug 2026 Breaking: Taiwan warns of China's AI-driven election interference
BREAKING: Apple launches AI platform | Tesla earnings beat estimates | Nvidia stock surges | Bitcoin crosses major resistance
World

Gaza peace push: Kushner-led delegation meets Netanyahu to revive US-backed roadmap after talks with Hamas

Gaza peace push: Kushner-led delegation meets Netanyahu to revive US-backed roadmap after talks with Hamas

Tel Aviv [Israel], August 17 (ANI): In a significant diplomatic push to revive the stalled Gaza peace process, a high-level delegation led by US envoy Jared Kushner, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, and Board of Peace Director-General Nickolay Mladenov met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday, as per Israeli media.
The meeting comes on the heels of a direct sit-down yesterday between the delegation and Hamas leadership in El-Alamein in Egypt, aimed at salvaging a 15-point US-backed "road map" for the reconstruction and governance of the war-torn Gaza Strip
The US-led "Board of Peace," an international body inaugurated in February 2026 this year to oversee post-war Gaza, has been working to transition authority to a Palestinian technocratic government. The board has installed Donald Trump as chairman for life.
The US-backed Board works to advance the 15-point road map to move forward with Trump's peace plan for Gaza, which Hamas said it agreed to, but Netanyahu publicly rejected, asserting that the terror group must fully disarm before any Israeli withdrawal from the Strip, as per a Times of Israel report.
Hamas has said it accepted the plan but that implementing it would depend on Israel first meeting its own commitments, including withdrawing its forces and halting attacks as per Al Jazeera.
Last week, the Board of Peace officials had confirmed that Kushner, the son-in-law of US President Donald Trump, would lead a delegation to break the diplomatic deadlock, visiting Egypt and Israel.
Egypt, Qatar, Turkey and other regional powers have been actively mediating the talks, even as several Arab nations recently criticized Israel's public rejection of the road map, warning that it could obstruct long-term regional stability.
The foreign ministers of Jordan, the United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, Pakistan, Turkiye, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Egypt issued a joint statement on Sunday condemning Israel's rejection of the roadmap linked to Trump's peace plan.
The ministers warned that rejecting the framework could undermine international efforts to end the war and establish a lasting political settlement in Gaza. (ANI)

Tags

Related News

Taiwan warns of China's AI-driven election interference
World
Taiwan warns of China's AI-driven election interference

<p>Taipei [Taiwan], August 17 (ANI): Beijing is using AI to interfere in Taiwan's elections by spreading targeted disinf...

Baloch Yakjehti Committee backs Balochistan National Party protests, alleges state repression
World
Baloch Yakjehti Committee backs Balochistan National Party protests, alleges state repression

<p>Balochistan [Pakistan], August 17 (ANI): The Baloch Yakjehti Committee has announced its full support for protests ac...

Human Rights Commission of Pakistan calls for independent judicial tribunal into custodial deaths of two women
World
Human Rights Commission of Pakistan calls for independent judicial tribunal into custodial deaths of two women

<p>Lahore [Pakistan], August 17 (ANI): Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) has called for an independent judicial...

Indian Army Chief General Dhiraj Seth conferred honorary rank of General of Nepali Army
World
Indian Army Chief General Dhiraj Seth conferred honorary rank of General of Nepali Army

<p>Kathmandu [Nepal], August 17 (ANI): Indian Army Chief General Dhiraj Seth was conferred the Honorary Rank of General...

After Trump orders scaling back military exercises with it, S Korea  expects US-NKorea friendship to lead to dialogue
World
After Trump orders scaling back military exercises with it, S Korea expects US-NKorea friendship to lead to dialogue

<p>Washington DC [US]/ Seoul [South Korea], August 17 (ANI): US President Donald Trump has ordered Defence Secretary Pet...

"60-day discussion is no longer relevant": Iran says US violations rendered 14-point MoU "moot"
World
"60-day discussion is no longer relevant": Iran says US violations rendered 14-point MoU "moot"

<p>Tehran [Iran], August 17 (ANI): Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmail Baghaei on Monday said the 60-day period...