Tuesday, 18 Aug 2026 Breaking: Despite railing against mail-in voting, Trump votes by mail in Florida GOP primary
BREAKING: Apple launches AI platform | Tesla earnings beat estimates | Nvidia stock surges | Bitcoin crosses major resistance
National

"Used to come drunk...": Maharashtra school principal removed after CJP's protests, Abhijeet Dipke presses for teachers' recruitment

"Used to come drunk...": Maharashtra school principal removed after CJP's protests, Abhijeet Dipke presses for teachers' recruitment

Hingoli (Maharashtra) [India], August 18 (ANI): The principal of a local Zilla Parishad school in Hingoli district in Maharashtra has been removed from his post following sit-in protests led by Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) founder Abhijeet Dipke and local villagers as part of their "Fix Our Schools" campaign.
Speaking to ANI, Dipke claimed that the now-removed principal used to arrive at the school in n intoxicated state. The protest led by the CJP had the core demand for his removal.
Dipke added that the Cockroach Janata Party has also demanded the recruitment of two more teachers, adding that the protests will continue until the demands are met.
"The school principal here used to come drunk to the school. We have been protesting, demanding the principal's removal. I have been informed that the principal has been removed from his post. We are also demanding the recruitment of two more teachers. The villagers here will continue to protest until their demand is fulfilled," he said.
Earlier on Saturday, the CJP founder launched the "School Thik Karo" campaign from his native village of Hingoli. He also alleged shortages of basic amenities at government schools, including broken windows, clogged toilets and inadequate seating.
Dipke visited a government school after attending an Independence Day flag-hoisting ceremony in his village and inspected its facilities.
The launch follows Dipke's announcement earlier this week that the CJP would begin "Season 2 of Jantar Mantar", after its 37-day protest at Jantar Mantar was withdrawn on July 25 following the resignation of former Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan and assurances on other key demands.
"Many people were commenting on Instagram about when Season 2 of 'Jantar-Mantar' will begin. I want to tell them that Season 2 of 'Jantar-Mantar' is going to start very soon," Dipke had said.
CJP Chief Spokesperson Saurav Das earlier said the party had begun a nationwide "listening tour" to hear public concerns and was prioritising education from Independence Day.
"This itself is Season Two. Protests are taking place across the country against such incompetent governments and officers. On behalf of CJP, we are now embarking on a nationwide 'listening tour' to hear what the public has to say. We will run a campaign, and we are prioritising the issue of education starting from Independence Day," Das said. (ANI)

Tags

Related News

Bomb threat email triggers security scare at Nagpur school; searches yield nothing suspicious
National
Bomb threat email triggers security scare at Nagpur school; searches yield nothing suspicious

<p>Nagpur (Maharashtra) [India], August 18 (ANI): A bomb threat received via email on Tuesday prompted Centre Point Scho...

BPSC opens recruitment for 32,388 school teacher posts; applications from September 1
National
BPSC opens recruitment for 32,388 school teacher posts; applications from September 1

<p>Patna (Bihar) [India], August 18 (ANI): The Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) on Tuesday invited online applicat...

Delhi HC issues notice on Javed's appeal against conviction in IB Official Ankit Sharma murder case
National
Delhi HC issues notice on Javed's appeal against conviction in IB Official Ankit Sharma murder case

<p>New Delhi [India], August 18 (ANI): The Delhi High Court on Tuesday issued notice on the appeal moved on behalf of Ja...

Jharkhand: Gumla Police arrest 4 key JJMP operatives, including Sub-Zonal Member with Rs 5 lakh bounty in major anti-naxal operation
National
Jharkhand: Gumla Police arrest 4 key JJMP operatives, including Sub-Zonal Member with Rs 5 lakh bounty in major anti-naxal operation

<p>Gumla (Jharkhand) [India], August 18 (ANI): In a major breakthrough, the Gumla Police have arrested four key operativ...

Respect to divinity should extend to elephants: SC directs Centre to strengthen safeguards for captive elephants
National
Respect to divinity should extend to elephants: SC directs Centre to strengthen safeguards for captive elephants

<p><br />New Delhi [India], August 18 (ANI): The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed the Centre and the Captive Elephant H...

Uttarakhand CM Dhami announces 'Khel Mahakumbh-2026' to promote sporting talent among youth
National
Uttarakhand CM Dhami announces 'Khel Mahakumbh-2026' to promote sporting talent among youth

<p>Dehradun (Uttarakhand) [India], August 18 (ANI): Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on Tuesday said the o...